Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: detonation at lower rpms

  1. #11
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you got mail

  2. #12
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I appreciate you all talking sense into me. I just had a problem going against the shop that I have been going to for ages. They really know what they are doing most of the time. They kept telling me they have turbo cars running 15 psi no problems on stock timing.

    I was really wary of the stock timing when they told me, and to be honest, they would have been paying for a new engine.

    I am taking the car in tommorrow to get timing reduced. I am going to tell them to set it to 9 until I get a BTC.

    My only question is, since the btc adjusts timing in boost, does the remapping the entire timing curve solve my detting problem in vaccum and low rpm? i.e. does the remapping of the timing curve on the piece happen in low rpm in addition to the retard per psi of boost?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member vactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and to be self serving, i have a brand new, still in box JR BTC for sale. email me if you wanna consider getting a new BTC for a substantial discount ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •